It’s almost that time of year.. the holidays, New Years and yes, the dreaded resolutions.
Most people will resolute to exercise more, eat less and drop the excess unwanted weight they’ve gained. The problem here is that most people will try to go from nothing to everything and will usually crash and burn somewhere around February, I believe there is a whole mindset here in making an attempt to change but not taking the right steps to do it and failing which leads to feelings of defeat and frustration. Instead, think about making small changes in habits which can lead to lasting, permanent change, think baby steps when trying to incorporate diet/exercise into your life – Did you ever think about making some of your daily routines into ways to move and add exercise into your life? These are subtle ways of getting the body to move and work all the time and not just when you get yourself to the gym. Adding more movement into your everyday life can assist in continued calorie burning and muscle engagement/toning.
- When brushing your teeth – do heel raises
- When doing laundry – add squat intervals going from washer to dryer
- When grocery shopping – do bicep curls with your bags and actually, you can do many upper body exercises using the bags as weights
- When vacuuming – add walking lunges
- When doing dishes – do standing core work with balance working glutes
So whatever your New Years revolution may be, and however you decide to make the necessary changes, just remember encourage yourself, believe in yourself, love yourself and NEVER doubt who you are or what you are capable of!